How to translate trapline into Spanish? I would like to translate the term that refers to the fur trade in North America, and something like "línea de trampas" sounds rather odd. I'd appreciate any feedback.
While I am not sure if there is a special term for this practice (I haven't found it), you might want to look into the definition of trapline to get some hints of how to translate it:
a trapline is a route along which a trapper sets traps for his or her quarry
The key here would be in "route", which could give you the following options:
- Ruta de trampas (trap route)
- Sendero de trampas (trap route/road)
- Camino de trampas (trap road)
- Secuencia de trampas (sequence of traps)
- Trampas secuenciales (sequential traps)
- Trampas en secuencia (traps in sequence)
Hopefully that will get you started with a better translation than "línea de trampas".
Further research indicates others have translated this as "trampas en línea" (traps in a line).