How would you translate deploy / deployment into Spanish?

I guess that these would be possible translations for deploy, but maybe there is a better term?

• poner en funcionamiento
  • será instalado

Examples:

The new software will be deployed later this week.
The application will be deployed to several servers.
Our deployment plan consists of three steps.

I think the best translation is "desplegar" or "implementar" if you are talking about a "progressive" set-up, but your translations also sound good to me.

| improve this answer | |

"Deploy" and "deployment" are almost always translated as desplegar and despliegue.

Your examples translated:

The new software will be deployed later this week. → El nuevo software será desplegado a finales de esta semana.
The application will be deployed to several servers. → La aplicación será desplegada en varios servidores.
Our deployment plan consists of three steps. → Nuestro plan de despliegue consiste en tres pasos.

As an authoritative reference (kinda), compare the IBM manuals for WebSphere deployment in English: Deploying and starting WebSphere Application Server and Spanish: Despliegue e inicio de WebSphere Application Server. The same goes for Microsoft, Oracle, Apache, what have you.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.