What does it mean:

Pero teneis tema q t kemas o no?

I received this message from a person that lives in Basque country, but I see there some Spanish words. I don't understand anyway...

• We are not a translation service. We are happy to help you understand a Spanish phrase or sentence, but you must first demonstrate that you have attempted your own translation, and you must ask specific questions. Many questions on this site (such as this one) will already provide clues to your sentence. – Flimzy Oct 15 '14 at 15:12

First, it is text-messaging, so the spelling is unique (economy of characters). It would be saying

Pero tenéis tema que te quemas, o no?

I figure that that slang tema que te quemas uses that rhyme to sound catchy and, without any context, I would assume that there something going on among a group of friends, for example, that has everyone rattled or unsettled.

You could have tema with one somebody if you where having an affair or an ongoing intimate relationship. With one group it could be a discussion or situation.

That que te quemas could actually be translated literally like to stress that the situation is hot, either because is interesting, because people are getting to each other throats or the like.

| improve this answer | |
  • En Madrid, al menos, tener tema significa disponer de metanfetaminas (¿o era cocaína? como no soy junkie...), no sé si en País Vasco llegó a tener el mismo significado. – user0721090601 Oct 14 '14 at 23:32
  • @guifa, pues la verdad es que cuadra, como tener mercancía muy buena... o tener un montón. Puede ser, no he frecuentado esos círculos, así que no sé si se emplea esa jerga o no. – Diego Oct 15 '14 at 1:44

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.