What's written on this picture? How you would translate it? I can recognize:

El Rafael Pombo de Felipe Santiago Gutiérrez lo hice en hora y media … Clavdia [or Claudia]

This is for description of the drawing on Wikipedia: File:Rafael Pombo by Gutiérrez.jpg.

enter image description here

The picture says: "El Rafael Pombo de Felipe Santiago Gutierrez lo hice en hora y media según Claudia". I'd translate as: "I did the Rafael Pombo by Felipe Santiago Gutiérrez in an hour and a half according to Claudia". Rafael Pombo is the model, Felipe Santiago Gutiérrez (a mexican painter from the XIX century) was the artist that draw the original and "me" is the one that made a copy in such a short time (in March 16, 2012).

• Oh, this means that I can't use the drawing on Wikipedia. – murfel Sep 29 '14 at 6:30

It says:

“El Rafael Pombo de Felipe Santiago Gutiérrez lo hice en hora y media según Claudia 16-3-12"

Translated:

"The Rafael Pombo by Felipe Santiago Gutiérrez, I made it in an hour and a half according Claudia 3-16-14"

• "El Rafael..." is talking about the drawing, a drawing of Rafael.
  • "...de Felipe Santiago..." is the author. "Made by..."
  • "...lo hice en hora y media según Claudia..." is like saying "Claudia says that I made it in an hour and a half" but he's not sure about that.
  • "16-3-12" is the date of the drawing March 16th, 2012.

El Rafael Pombo de Felipe Santiago Gutiérrez lo hice en hora y media según Claudia

Can be translated as:

I made Rafael Pombo by Felipe Santiago Gutiérrez in one hour and a half according to Claudia.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.