I'm attempting to translate the idiom "Reaching out to you" to Spanish. It's informal, but still used in a business sense such as "I'm reaching out to you again about the message I sent you." Is there a Spanish equivalent expression? All I can think of is:

contactando a ti

which doesn't seem to be the same.

You could use

Te escribo para preguntarte por [...] / Le escribo para [...]

note, a Spanish speaker would not say contactando a ti but

contactarte / contactarle

Quería contactarte para preguntarte acerca del correo que te escribi hace poco [...]

• very helpful. I assume you didn't mean to write "contactarte" twice though?
    – overtime
    Sep 4 '14 at 21:10
    True, thanks for pointing that. I wanted to use tu / usted, because I wasn't sure how you would want to address the addressee on you email. is either contactarTE or contactarLE.
    – Diego
    Sep 4 '14 at 21:13
    Also if you're going formal, using ponerse en contacto con X might sound a bit better than contactarle a X (at least to my ears, YMMV) Sep 7 '14 at 12:49
  • to reach out is not contact someone and also not write to someone. It actually has a specific meaning....
    – Lambie
    Mar 28 at 18:03

Se me ocurren estas dos alternativas que son prácticamente idénticas:

Me pongo en contacto con usted acerca del mensaje que le mandé...

Me pongo en contacto con usted sobre el mensaje que le mandé...

In English, reach out means:

Definition of reach out : **to make an effort to do something for other people The church is reaching out to help the poor. ** From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

The best fit here in Spanish is recurrir:

From the Real Academia:

1. intr. Acogerse en caso de necesidad al favor de alguien, o emplear medios no comunes para el logro de un objeto.

recurrir in the RAE

reach out in Merriam Webster.

• reach out has colloquially come to mean: to ask for help, also.
  • pedir ayuda

There is a slightly different meaning in British English, not really relevant here:

in the Collins Dictionary: to attempt to establish friendly or sympathetic relations (with someone).

But in the specific context here, of reach out again, it could also be expressed as:

• Vuelvo a contactor con usted etc. o Vuelvo a pedir su ayuda o apoyo

Extender la mano

This literally means to reach out one's hand. But it is used in a figurative sense as well, where it means reaching out through communication.

For examples of usage, both literal and figurative, you can follow the link.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.