In German we use Gossensprache, in English gutter language seems to be the most common synonym, but my dictionaries don't show me a spanish word for the language/jargon (often vulgar) spoken by ordinary people/teenager/kids on the street, in small groups, friend circles.

Is there a spanish expression for this kind of language?


I'd say for gutter language:

Lenguaje vulgar


Lenguaje barriobajero

As suggested by Gonzalo Medina you can also say:

Lenguaje arrabalero

though in my opinion it's not as common as the others, at least in Spain.

| improve this answer | |
  • Perhaps you could also add to your list lenguaje arrabalero. – Gonzalo Medina Dec 3 '11 at 19:52

In Spanish you can also use "lenguaje obsceno" o "malsonante".

A esas palabras malsonantes a veces se les dice "tacos", por lo que la expresión "decir un taco" o "hablar con tacos" viene a significar "usar lenguaje obsceno o vulgar".

| improve this answer | |

Otras posibilidades:

lenguaje soez



. La tercera es, por lejos, la que preferimos los chilenos.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.