Buscando en la RAE, revisé "bisiesto", luego busqué "día" y conseguí que el día que añadimos al año bisiesto (29 de Febrero) se le llama "día intercalar", pero nunca había escuchado esa expresión.

¿Cómo llaman ustedes a este día adicional que tenemos en los años bisiestos?

  • leap year, not leap day
    – Lambie
    Commented Mar 4 at 16:40
  • Hi @Lambie, there's both, day and year... talking about day here. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/… Commented Mar 4 at 17:06
  • It{s interesting to read the same article in Spanish Wikipedia. Whereever the English references "leap day" the Spanish uses "día extra". That suggests that there is no common term for what you are looking for. es.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%B1o_bisiesto Commented Mar 9 at 11:29
  • Arreglado. La Wikipedia ya indica que el día extra de una año bisiesto se denomína "día intercalar".
    – aerobiomat
    Commented Mar 11 at 11:23

1 Answer 1


Según la RAE, se dice "día intercalar".


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.