I'm curious to know what the translation would be for this quote:

Birds of a feather flock together.

I'm looking specifically for the translation that holds value and significance rather than a literary one, which occasionally doesn't make sense. Does anyone have any ideas?

• As this is not exactly your question, I'll write this as a comment. The expression They are birds of a feather would translate as Son tal para cual.
    – Gorpik
    Commented Jan 11, 2022 at 9:12

2 Answers 2

• Dios los cría y ellos se juntan ("God creates them and they come together") has a similar meaning, but it is often used in a negative sense. It is used to refer to people that have similar characters or behaviors and come together to engage in such behavior.

• Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres ("Tell me who you spend your time with, and I will tell you who you are") has a similar meaning: you can guess someone's habits or preferences by knowing those of their friends.

I searched online and got this entry. I'm not sure whether it's widely used or not.

Pájaros de un mismo plumaje vuelan juntos.

It appears to be a direct counterpart of the English saying.

see proverbios

• Never heard it in Spanish. It looks like just a literal translation.
    – Gorpik
    Commented Jan 11, 2022 at 9:11
  • Neither have I. I don't know what made them include it in a list of proverbios. Commented Jan 11, 2022 at 12:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.