I think there are 3 entries in my great-grandfathers Civil Guard records but it looks like two of them are merged.

To keep this simple to review I can covering the whole set of notes for 1922 in one question as I am not 100% sure where the notes start at stop.

This is the complete note:

enter image description here

I appreciate that you will not be able to read that image in one go so I will split it.

First Note

I think (but can't be sure) that this is the first note: enter image description here

The reason I think this is the first note is because in the left margin is a o which seems to be used to repeat the year (1922).

Transcription:

En relacion de xxx de Sr. 1º Jefe Guerra 8 Noviembre y xxx individuo al xxx de Fuenta xxx xx al que se incorporo il 29 del mismo.

Second Note

I believe the second note is a large one and is again related to his employment, this time from 1922 to 1926. But I can't read all the writing or punctuation.

The note (in 3 images):

I can't make out a lot of that writing and I do not see a reference to a new soldier number this time. Transcription so far:

Xxx xxx con premio il xxx en 31 de agosto año marginal, escrito de Sr. 1er Jefe esto xxx año por 4 años con el premia de xxx xxx de 2710 pesetas xxx xxx Gregoria en la R. O. 6 de 11 agosto año 1920 x. XXX no. 195 el que la fine xxx las xxx xxx incluir la de xxxdad según xxx xxx xxx por provisional xxx la xxx del xxx do R. E. de Director Gral. [General] del instituto al principio a regimentó en 1ª de xxx año marginal y lo terminara en 31 de agosto año 1926. En relación xxx en el D. O. no. 257 de 16 noviembre so ha xxx admitió en del xxx por la autoridad xxx. Y en fuente de xxx xxx xxx finía esta nota el inferesanteon los testigos y jefe que xxx

El interesado = firma

El Gral. [General] 2º = firma

El xxx 2º = firma

Comandante de Major = firma

I added a link to the related bulletin (if it is the right one) but I do not know what the pertinent information is in the bulletin.

Third Note

I believe the third is distinct because of the different hand writing:

Transcription so far:

En el puesto de Fuente Obejuna finió el año.

El Comandante Major

Thanks for your help is sorting this set of notes for 1922 into something clear and understandable.

Update for note 3

I worked out the location to be Fuente Obejuna. Translation:

The year ended at the Fuente Obejuna post.

The Major Commander

Translations

Based on the hard work provided in the answer I have the following translations:

• Note 1:

In the list of transfers of Mr. 1st Chief xxx 8 November, this individual is assigned to the post of Fuente Obejuna, which he joined on the 29th of the same.

• Note 2:

Fulfilling his commitment, this individual, on 31st August, marginal year, requested from his 1st Chief another commitment for 4 years with the monthly constancy allowance of 27.50 pesetas as included in the R. O. C of 11th August 1920 C. L no. 195, which was accredited to him as he fulfilled the conditions foreseen, including usefulness according to the medical certificate, until the definitive approval of the S. E. of the General Director of the Institute. It began to end on 1 September of the marginal year and will end on 31 August 1926. In relation published in the D. O. no. 257 of 16 November it has been definitively admitted by the aforementioned authority. And in proof of his conformity, the interested party signs this note with the undersigned witnesses and chief.
The interested party = Miguel Torres Jiménez
The 2nd Guardsman = Braulio xxx Murillo
The 2nd Guardsman = Tomás xxx xxx
Major Commander = José Rodríguez xxx

• Note 3:

The year ended at the Fuente Obejuna post.
The Major Commander

I don't know if the associated bulletin uses any of the phrasing we are unsure of?

Your great-grandfather's name appears in the list of page 13.
    – gparis
    Aug 20 '21 at 10:52
  • @gparis Thanks for that observation. I tried to search the PDF and it was not listing his name. Well spotted. Later I will translate the text at the top of that page to see what it says. :) Aug 20 '21 at 11:03
    The first note's translation seems a copy of the third. It does not translate the original text.
    – RubioRic
    Aug 20 '21 at 11:37
    The translation seems ok but this sentence "to the optional but provisional certificate". We have lost the adjective "facultativo" that refers to the certificate being made by a PhD and "provisional" in the Spanish text is related to the commitment being approved in first instance by the 1st Chief but subject to be granted by a higher authority. "provisional" does not apply to the certitificate and it seems to has been translated as "optional".
    – RubioRic
    Aug 20 '21 at 12:26
    What about replacing "according to the optional but provisional certificate until" by "according to the medical certificate, until"
    – RubioRic
    Aug 20 '21 at 12:30

Let's begin with the third note that is the easiest

En el puesto de Fuente Obejuna finió el año.

El Comandante Mayor

My suggestions for the first note

En relación de traslados de Sr. 1º Jefe fecha? 8 Noviembre es destinado este individuo al puesto de Fuente Obejuna al que se incorporó el 29 del mismo.

My suggestions for the second note. A tough one this time!
I've included @gparis and @wimi suggestions too.

Cumpliendo su compromiso este individuo en 31 de agosto año marginal, solicitó de su 1er Jefe otro empeño por 4 años con el premio de constancia mensual de 27'50 pesetas como está comprendido en la R. O. C de 11 agosto año 1920 C. L nº 195 el que le fue acreditado por reunir las condiciones prevenidas incluso las de utilidad según certificado facultativo pero provisional hasta la aprobación definitiva del S. E. de Director Gral. [General] del Instituto. La principió a extinguirla en 1º de Spbre (Septiembre) año marginal y la terminará en 31 de agosto año 1926. En relacion publicada en el D. O. nº 257 de 16 noviembre le ha sido admitido en definitiva por la autoridad antes citada. Y en prueba de su conformidad firma esta nota el interesado con los testigos y jefe que suscriben

El interesado = Miguel Torres Jiménez
El Grda. [Guardia] 2º = Braulio xxx Murillo
El Grda. [Guardia] 2º = Tomás xxx xxx
Comante. [Comandante] mayor = José Rodríguez Zambrano

Thanks! I was at a loss! Looking at the page in the bulletin that @gparis mentioned I can see the reference to C. L. num 195 so I guess that that is one of the xxx values. Aug 20 '21 at 11:08
    This was really a tough and long one! Let me add some suggestions to complete the transcription: pesetas como comprendido, por reunir las condiciones, aprobación definitiva de S.E., José Rodríguez Zambrano. Also Ocbre might be Spbre, specially if we consider that both the previous and the current commitment finish at the end of August.
    – gparis
    Aug 20 '21 at 11:23
    @gparis I think that all your suggestions make sense. I've updated the answer accordingly. Great contribution!
    – RubioRic
    Aug 20 '21 at 11:35
    To get rid of the last question mark, I would replace compromo? with empeño.
    – wimi
    Aug 20 '21 at 11:39
    @AndrewTruckle I've updated my suggestions a pair of times including "prevenidas".
    – RubioRic
    Aug 20 '21 at 11:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.