For the year 1919 in my great-grandfathers Civil Guard records there are four entries that need to be reviewed.

Here is (what I consider to be) the second one:

enter image description here

This is the transcribed text:

Por disposición del Sr. [Señor] 1a Jefe de la Comandancia ha sido xxx este indo. [individuo] a pestar sus servicios al puesta de Algadilla (?) al que se incorporó el día 17 de Marzo.

I don't think that I have interpreted the location correctly. I just used a recent town we had transcribed from previous notes.

Translation

The translation based on the answer:

By order of the 1st Chief of Command, this individual has been assigned to serve at the Algámitas post, which he joined on 17 March.

I don't know if this is the first time this has happened, but DeepL has dropped the word Señor for some reason. This might have happened before. Thoughts?

Related Questions

Probably the Sr. treatment has been dropped because is not idiomatic in English. "The Mr. 1st Chief of Command" sounds right to you? I'm not sure about that, just guessing
    – RubioRic
    Aug 18, 2021 at 19:00
  • True, it does not sound right. Aug 18, 2021 at 19:06

1 Answer 1

A new tranfer, this time to Algámitas. You've got a few minor typos.

Por disposición del Sr. [Señor] 1a Jefe de la Comandancia ha sido destinado este indo. [individuo] a prestar sus servicios al puesto de Algámitas al que se incorporó el día 17 de Marzo.

• Thanks! I have updated the question with my translation and observation. Aug 18, 2021 at 18:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.