For the year 1918 in my great-grandfathers Civil Guard records there are two entries that need to be reviewed.

Here is the second one:

enter image description here

I have tried to transcribe the text as best I can:

Complicudo en fin de Agosto su compromiso no. 44130, solicito y le fue xxx por el Sr. [Señor] 1o Jefe de el Comandante nuevo xxx por cuatro años con xxxcion a los xxx con xxx el précite xxx hero xxx xxx xxx de lo que Intervención Gral. [General] de Cuerpo xxuelia en de ministra claudo xxx a xxx en 1o de Septiembre del año del margen y lo terminara en fin de Agosto de 1922 disfrutando durante el xxx el xxx diario 25 el sitio de Herrera. Xxx huelva de in conformidad firma la presente nota ante el Jefe y testigos que xxcriben.

Testigos. El intersesado.

I can tell at the very least this this is in connection with my great-grandfather continuing in the Civil Guard for another 4 years until 1922. I have not included the signiatures in the image.

Thank you for your help in completing this transcription and translation.

Translation

This is the translation based on the answer provided:

Fulfilling his commitment at the end of August no. 44130, he requested and was granted by Mr. 1st [First] Chief of his command a new reenlistment for four years with an option to the benefits granted by the current regulations but without prejudice to what the General Intervention [General] of War will definitely resolve, by beginning to extinguish it on September 1 of the year in the margin and will finish it at the end of August 1922, enjoying during the same period the daily bonus of 25 cents of a peseta. And in proof of his agreement, he signs this note before the Chief and witnesses.

I had to use Google Translate because DeepL was messing up. So I have merged the results of both translations. Let me know what you think.

Related Questions

1 Answer 1

My suggestions

Cumpliendo en fin de Agosto su compromiso no. 44130, solicitó y le fue concedido por el Sr. [Señor] 1er [Primer] Jefe de su comandancia nuevo reenganche por cuatro años con opción a los beneficios que concede el vigente reglamento pero sin perjuicio de lo que la Intervención Gral. [General] de Guerra resuelva en definitiva, dando principio a extinguirlo en 1º de Septiembre del año del margen y lo terminará en fin de Agosto de 1922 disfrutando durante el mismo el plus diario de 25 céntimos de peseta. Y en prueba de su conformidad firma la presente nota ante el Jefe y testigos que suscriben.

Testigos. El interesado.

We have alredy seen very similar entries for previous reenlistments.

• Thanks. I have updated the question with my translated text. Aug 18, 2021 at 8:32
    @AndrewTruckle I think that the translation is correct.
    – RubioRic
    Aug 18, 2021 at 9:32
  • Great. I don't need to ask about the third note really so I will update these questions as a total of 2. Aug 18, 2021 at 10:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.