My work continues in trying to transcribe my Great Grandfathers Civil Guard record (from Spain). My queries below relate to page two of the document where it details in a list the various assignments he had and for how long.
On page one of the document it stated that he was decreed as a soldier on 23rd March 1902 and that he was commissioned into the caja de quintos de Osuna (Osuna fifth corps) on 1st August 1902. It also stated that he subsequently transferred from the Comandª Artillería de Menorca (Artillery Headquarters of menorca) to the Civil Guard on 1st September 1906.
So those are the key dates.
I have tried to transcribe the above set of data. here is my attempt:
- 1 Agosto 1902 / Soldado en Caja XXX / - - -
- 3 Marzo 1904 / XXX / 1a 9m 28d
- 1 Enero 1906 / XXX / - 8m -
- 1 Sepbre 1906 / Gia Civil de 2a Clase / 25a 10m
- 1 Julio 1932 / Gia Civil de 1a Clase / 3a 7m
Total de servicios efectivos hasta fin Enero 1936 / 31a 10m 28d
The key dates are there (1st August 1902 and 1st September 1906).
I can't quite make out the complete list of his assignments though as you can see. But the sum total of 31 years, 10 months and 28 days works out.
But you might see somethign else I have overlooked.
This is the other section on the page with another list of his assignments.
So far I have:
- En la Caja de XXX de Osuna. XXX / - - -
- En el XX Boñ de Artillería de Plaza / - 5m 28d
- En la Comanda de Artillería de Menorca / 2a - -
- En la Guia Civil / 29a 5m -
Again, the totals seem to work out correctly but I can't quite make out the actual text of his assignments as described there.
I have a photo ID Card of my Great Grandfather for when he was in the Civil Guard (1st Class) but it is dated in 1942. But all of these records seem to only go up to 1936.
I am grateful for clarifications on the correct terms of his assignments as detailed here.
- Difficulty translating Spanish text from an entry for 1930 in Civil Guard records
- Transcribing Spanish text (Title) of Civil Guard document and deciphering Job Title
- Difficulty translating Spanish text from an entry for 1905 in Civil Guard records
- Difficulty translating Spanish text from an entry for 1906 in Civil Guard records
- Difficulty translating Spanish text from an entry for 1906/1907 in Civil Guard records
- Difficulty translating Spanish text for remaining 1904 entries in Civil Guard records