I can't find the meaning of the word asumidisimo. I checked in RAE. Is it a version of "asumido" as in I really assumed? I saw it in "El País".

Tengo asumidísimo que nunca tendré jubilación ni un piso

Thank you

You're right, asumidísimo is the superlative form of asumido. The suffix -ísimo is the equivalent of -est in English. Asumido as an adjective is directly taken from the participle of the verb asumir.

According to the DLE

asumir

1. tr. Hacerse cargo, responsabilizarse de algo, aceptarlo.

In English

Take charge, take responsibility for something, accept it

-ísimo

1. suf. U. para formar el grado superlativo de adjetivos y de algunos adverbios

You can check the meaning of -est in the Oxford Dictionary and see for yourself that they match almost perfectly.

-est

Forming the superlative of adjectives (such as shortest, widest), and of adverbs (such as soonest).

The explanation provided by the DLE about a superlative is not clear. Let's take a look to the Wikipedia.

superlativo (superlative)

Un adjetivo en grado superlativo, también llamado comparativo de excelencia, expresa la característica en su grado máximo

I would translate 'asumidísimo' as 'very aware of':

I'm very aware of that I will never have a retirement plan ...

• That does not add to the existing answer and your translation is not correct I am afraid. – mdewey Jun 7 at 13:16
  • Does it become,"...ísima" for gender agreement? – Bluelion7 Jun 7 at 16:38
    I dont think the translation is wrong, there is a modism in the sentence which is "piso" that is how folks in Spain call it to refer to rent an apartment. In any case the sufix ...isimo is offten attached to random words and means awsome or supertight ends the word that wants to be amazing. e.g. Divertidisimo (superfun). And @Bluelion7 your are right with the gender agreement.... isima is female and isimo is male – rriovall Jun 7 at 17:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.