I'm wondering if this is the right place to find someone willing to decipher about 20 pages of historical Spanish documents. These are marriage documents and are part of my genealogy research. I could translate them using google translate but I cannot decipher all of the handwriting because of the style typical of this era. I'm keen to come to some 'arrangement' to have these documents looked at. I have looked at some contract based web pages that offer translation services but I think I will need the eyes of someone familiar with Spanish hand writing from this era. Please let me know if this is completely inappropriate for this community. If you think you can help and would like to negotiate an 'arrangement' please let me know how to contact you. yours sincerely, Sabine

• I think this might have been better on our meta site but no problem. We do occasionally have old texts but usually the poster can translate nearly all of it and is just stumbling over a small number of words. See this post for instance for our policy spanish.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/3238/… – mdewey Apr 11 at 11:15
    I have a vast experience reading and deciphering 19th century documents, as I am also an amateur genealogist. There are also other people who are good at deciphering handwriting here. You can post whichever text you cannot read and we will try to help you, nonetheless you are supposed to translate the text afterwards, as we don't provide a translation service. If you want to contact me or someone else for an arrangement, you are free to do so, just check the contact emails in our profiles, if any. – Charlie Apr 11 at 15:23
  • Thank you both. Since it is more than 'a small number of words' I may have to look elsewhere unless someone wants to take this on. – Sabine Desrondaux Apr 12 at 12:32
  • If they are each documents of the same type (you say they are marriage certificates) then the transcription of one from handwriting into print and then use of a translation app may enable you to transcribe the others. Then you could ask here about the missing parts. – mdewey Apr 12 at 15:14

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.