• ¿No crees que esto lo hubiera podido hacer un alienígena? (=>pluperfect subjunctive)
  • ¿No crees que esto pudiera haber sido hecho por un no-alienígena? (=>pretérito pluscuamperfecto de subjuntivo)
  • ¿No crees que esto lo pudiese hacer alguien que no sea alienígena? (=>pretérito imperfecto del subjuntivo)

• Don't you think this couldn't have been done by someone other than an alien(negative statement)
  • Don't you reckon this couldn't have done by someone who's not an alien.
  • Don't you reckon this wasn't done by someone who wasn't an alien(pasado de indicativo).
  • Don't you reckon this wasn't done by someone who isn't an alien(presente de indicativo).

• a) Don't you think this couldn't have been done by someone who can't be an alien.
  • b) Don't you reckon this could have been done by someone who weren't an alien. (past subjunctive)
  • c) Don't you reckon this couldn't have done by someone who be not an alien. (Present subjunctive)

Does it make any difference if you say "who is" or "who was" in English? In Spanish «creer» in the negative demands SUBJUNCTIVE mood. What do you think? I would like to know what is the correct way to translate it in the 2nd part of the sentence. Which one is better in English a) «who can't be», b) «who weren't» or c) «who be not»?

Thanks =)

• no creer generally uses subjunctive in its subordinate clauses. creer often uses subjunctive in subordinate clauses when used in interrogatives (dialect depending, somewhat). But you've not bolded the verb that is affected by (no) creer, so I'm not sure what your question is exactly – user0721090601 Mar 28 at 2:16
  • I would like to know what is the correct way to translate it in the 2nd part of the sentence – cocteau Mar 28 at 2:24
  • That doesn't really have anything to do with creer though. All three bolded bits are fine. Why do you think one or another is better / worse? – user0721090601 Mar 28 at 2:25
  • Really I don't know. So which one is better in English? – cocteau Mar 28 at 2:28
    @Lambie And how is it an insult? You seem to be quite good about throwing around accusations without basis. I for one am not insulted by it at all, and I'm a member of the group. Cocteau: although it's more common to just say Latinos or Hispanics, there's nothing wrong with what you said. – user0721090601 Mar 28 at 23:16