Both articles exist on Wikipedia, but nowhere is it explained what the difference is.

I’m voting to close this question because Wikipedia is not the only source. You can search the RAE dictionary, wordreference, or simply google each word and easily find their definitions. Questions that show no effort are off-topic here.
    – DGaleano
    Dec 28 '20 at 13:11

Racha - Gust
Turbonada - Sustained gusts / wind storm

Racha indicates a transient variation of the wind speed whereas turbonada refers to a sustained wind speed increase. Any variation in the wind speed worth of mentioning is called racha whereas a turbonada is a big variation in the wind speed that is sustained for a larger period of time. Turbonada in some parts is the same as chubasco meaning rain with strong winds,

Racha is commonly used in meteorological reports:

Reporte metereológico: Temperatura 17 grados, presión 29.92, viento de 090 a 10 nudos con rachas de 15, completamente nublado, techo 3000 pies. Se esperan chubascos y tomentas eléctricas.

It means that the wind speed is 10 knots but there are variations in which the wind speed can increase up to 15 knots. I haven't seen turbonada on a weather report maybe it's because the term could be ambiguous or maybe I haven't seen enough reports.

Racha - Spree / streak

— Hola amigo ¿Cómo te vá?
— ¡Mal!. Traigo una mala racha: me corrieron del trabajo, mi novia me dejó y se acaba de descomponer mi carro.

• I agree, chubascos are what weather forecasts usually have.
    – mdewey
    Dec 24 '20 at 17:13
  • A racha is just a gust of wind.

• A turbonada is a storm with rain, wind and also lightinings and thunders. It might contain gusts of wind.

According to the diccionary of the Real Academia Española de la Lengua (RAE):

Turbonada

turbonada De turbón.

1. f. Fuerte chubasco de viento y agua, acompañado de truenos, relámpagos y rayos.

fuente: https://dle.rae.es/turbonada

Racha

Quizá del ár. ráǧǧa 'sacudida', 'agitación', 'tormenta'.

1. f. Ráfaga de aire.

2. f. En cualquier actividad, período breve de fortuna o desgracia.

fuente: https://dle.rae.es/racha

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.