What's the difference between tengo and tienes and where can and should I use them? Also, what's the difference between esta and es? Where should I use these?

• Have you searched this site? You second question is answered spanish.stackexchange.com/questions/19836/… here. – mdewey Dec 2 '20 at 11:14
    Hello and welcome to Spanish Language, and thank you for contributing a question! Unfortunately, in its current form, your question may get closed, as it lacks an explanation of what research you've done so far, focus about a single topic and clarity about what you don't understand. See How to Ask to know more about how to post high quality questions that allow other users to understand what you need to know so they can help you. Visit help center and tour to learn more about this site. Could you please edit the post to make your question clearer, so we can assist you? Thanks. – Diego Dec 2 '20 at 12:10

"(Yo) tengo" is the first person singular, present tense, of the verb "tener".

"Tengo dos gatos": "I have two cats". "Tengo 30 años": "I'm 30 years old". "No tengo idea": "I have no clue".

"(Tú) tienes" is the second person, singular, present tense, of the same verb.

"Tienes dos gatos": "You have two cats". "Tienes 30 años": "You are 30 years old".

You can see all the meanings of tener and how to conjugate it here.

About "esta" (I assume you really mean "está") and "es", you should ask a different question, but they are the verbs "estar" and "ser".

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.