In the Spanish song Ay Carmela they sing as a refrain "rumba la rumba la rumba la". What does this mean?

• I've never thought about this. The rumba is a lively flamenco dance. I guess, bearing in mind the context of the song, that Republicans wanted to keep the joy in their troops to fight and resist the national troops and for that reason they introduced that words into the song. – Sergio Cavero Oct 10 at 16:28
  • I've never thought about that. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't mean anything, it's just something that sounds well to join two sentences. es.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C2%A1Ay,_Carmela!_(canci%C3%B3n) – Jesús Ángel Oct 17 at 18:38
    I’m voting to close this question because it is about a song meaning and not about the language, so it better fits [musicsfans.se] – fedorqui 'SO stop harming' Oct 22 at 11:22
    I am reasonably sure that "rumba la rumba la rumba la" is just an onomatopoeic verse that mimics the noise that the army makes. That verse often comes after a verse that describes a noisy agent or event: "el ejército del Ebro", "las tropas invasoras", "el furor de los traidores", etc. – wimi Oct 22 at 12:29