I have a line in a song that is "Pero el mundo es grande y feliz,"

But I need a last line that ends with a word that rhymes with "feliz". Line might begin with "Pero" or "Y".

I guess I better give whole context:

Ellos digan mal de ti,
Y Ellos digan mal de mi,
Pero el mundo es grande y feliz,
Y...

I have tons of words offered in the Spanish Rhyming Dictionary but my Spanish is limited.

Maybe this is not the place to post this, but maybe it could start a dialogue. Gracias.

Do you want a word that rhymes with "feliz"? Or do you want us to suggest you a whole verse that rhymes with the previous one? You seem to have lots of words that rhyme with "feliz" so I'm confused. Please clarify the question y así seré feliz cual perdiz. :-) – Charlie Aug 19 '20 at 17:41
  • I guess this could be something for the chat "la tertulia" but not for the site – DGaleano Aug 19 '20 at 17:50
  • Alguna palabra habrá, ya que "feliz" no está entre las palabras sin rima que descubrimos en ¿Hay palabras en español que no rimen con ninguna otra?. Yo, por cierto, estoy feliz como una lombriz de ayudar, pero creo que esta pregunta debería cerrarse (que queda claro lo que pide y creo que puede haber múltiples respuestas igualmente válidas, como una pregunta cuya respuesta es "opinion based" ) – Diego Aug 19 '20 at 17:51
    Definitely I think this is more suitable for out chat room. A valid question would be "what rhymes with 'feliz'" or even "what are the most common words that rhyme with 'feliz'", but you are asking us to compose a whole verse for you so this question is mostly opinion-based. You are invited then to La tertulia to ask this same question there and we'll gladly try to help you. – Charlie Aug 20 '20 at 7:57
  • Jejeje! Thank you and I will review my options. I don't need a whole verse, just trying to show that I am not crazy. Now I know about chat, thanks. – JustJohn Aug 20 '20 at 18:25

The RAE's DLE allows you to search by the starting or ending characters of a word. As such (and given that in distinción dialects word terminal "-iz" only rhymes with "-iz"), you can search whether you want to rhyme only the final syllable "-iz":

• actriz, cicatriz, desliz etc

or the final two "-eliz":

• infeliz, jeliz, veliz

You can expand this search to include words ending "-ís" or "-elís" for seseo dialects.

• Thanks brazofuerte! – JustJohn Aug 20 '20 at 18:25
  • Booya! "Infeliz"!!! no se preocupe con los que son infeliz. I will have to "throw" the phrase but it is perfect. Gold star to brazofuerte! Abrazo fuerte! El mundo es grande y feliz, No se preocupe con los que son infeliz. I love this stackexchange group. – JustJohn Aug 20 '20 at 18:28
  • My Costa Rica friend who I was writing the song with reminds me that the plural of "feliz" is "felices". – JustJohn Aug 22 '20 at 19:58

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.