To make out means to kiss.

But not just a quick peck on the cheek. Or even a single French kiss.

To make out means to like have a session of kissing usually with the intent of fore-play...

How do you say that in Spanish?

This is an interesting question but you should specify which flavour of Spanish you would like the answers to address. As an example, in Spain we say "darse el lote" with a similar meaning, but I don't know if that is used in any of the American Spanish countries. – Charlie Jun 18 at 22:09
  • probablemente una respuesta para el comunity wiki – ipp Jun 19 at 1:19
    This needs a region tag or else is too broad – DGaleano Jun 19 at 18:05

In Spanish we have a colloquial expression that is darse/pegarse el lote con alquien.

darse, o pegarse, alguien el lote

1. locs. verbs. malsons. Besuquearse y manosearse con otra persona.

The RAE's dictionary records it as "malsonante" (vulgarism) but I think it's more a colloquialism than a vulgarism.

You also have morrearse (o darse un morreo):

1. tr. vulg. Besar a alguien en la boca de forma insistente o prolongada. U. m. c. prnl.

Depending on the context, you could also use enrollarse con alguien. While enrollarse con alguien could have several meanings, the eighth acceptation includes the meaning of to have a loving or sexual relationship or to have an affaire with someone

1. prnl. coloq. Entablar una relación amorosa o erótica, normalmente pasajera. Se ha enrollado CON alguien mayor que él.

With the appropiate context you could use enrollarse to convey "making out".

Cada noche que sales te enrollas con un tío/tía distinto!

Of course enrollarse could mean to do more than just kissing, so it could be very context-dependent.

| improve this answer | |
  • el darse/pegarse con el lote es españolismo... al menos en Colombia no recuerdo haberla oído y no lo tengo presente en libros, programas de televisión (quizá por vulgarismo) o en canciones (más amplias a los vulgarismos en ciertos géneros) – VeAqui Jun 19 at 3:20
    I would also suggest "liarse con alguien", which is common in Spain with the same meaning as "enrollarse con alguien" – wimi Jun 19 at 7:10
    Sorry, this is very much related to a region, imho this is not a proper answer. – maaw Jun 19 at 15:53
    @VeAqui para mi ninguna cuadra para Colombia. Todas me suenan a España únicamente. – DGaleano Jun 19 at 18:04

The main verb is

besar

but has many local slang variations depending on the country and region:

:: Argentina

• chapar
  • transar
  • comer[se la boca]

:: México

• se faja (o se da un faje).
    A Mexican boy I know always uses “comer” to mean sucking on something other than lips.... I’d be super careful with that. – gen-z ready to perish Jun 19 at 3:20
  • In México, "to make out" is fajar and the action of making out is un faje. dem.colmex.mx/Ver/fajar – nopaltepec Jun 19 at 19:25
  • A bit old-fashioned now, maybe, but apretar is another Argentinian way of saying this. Totally agree with the other three. – mgarciaisaia Jun 20 at 0:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.