I want to ask a question about when to pluralise a noun in specific context.

I was writing an essay in Spanish about what the world would be like in 30 years and I wanted to say that computers could be implanted in our heads.

I used the futuro imperfecto for this and thought it would appear as such:

Serán implantados en nuestro cerebro

but I was thinking, in English, we would say

in our brains

but in Spanish, it appears from the examples I have found, this is not the case so it says as "cerebro".

How is this sentence translated?

As hinted in the comments, we would normally use a possessive dative to write this. Most naturally, we would also avoid the passive voice:

• Nos implantarán ordenadores en el cerebro
  • Se nos implantarán ordenadores en el cerebro

where nos is the possessive dative, and the use of se is called pasiva refleja, which is a more natural way to write these passive sentences. If you do want to write the sentence in pure passive form, you would say

• Nos serán implantados ordenadores en el cerebro

Regarding your "other" question about plurals, both forms are correct:

• Nuestro cerebro podrá comunicarse con estos ordenadores
  • Nuestros cerebros podrán comunicarse con estos ordenadores
  • About the part at the beginning about the alternatives to the passive voice -- this is interesting and I'm glad you included it even though it's a tiny bit tangential. Do you want to add an explanation of "Nos implantarán" too -- something about, I'm not sure what to call it, maybe the impersonal "they"? // Do you think that one or the other of the last two bullets is more common or natural than the other? Jan 14 '20 at 0:19

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.