I'm listening to the pronunciation from spanishdict, the woman pronounces it twice, the first time the whole phrase at once and the second time she spells it. Sometimes d sounds like d from doctor and sometimes it sound like th from then (like Greek letter δ), and the strange thing is that I hear different pronunciations at different speeds. Is it just me? Are there any rules or both ways are correct?

That is normal everywhere. It's the sound that a D makes intervocalically (between vowels). – user0721090601 Sep 10 '19 at 21:27
  • @guifa I agree that d sounds differently between vowels but I can pronounce this phrase both ways, does it mean that both ways are correct? – Almis Sep 10 '19 at 21:43
  • La verdad es que cuando uno aprende español nativo no nos enseñan a diferenciar sonoramente la consonante D si va al comienzo o entre vocales, y teóricamente tiene un único sonido. Yo no logro distinguir diferencia al escuchar la grabación a la que hace referencia. – alvalongo Sep 10 '19 at 21:57
  • In spanish D has a unique sound, no matter begin or between vowels. Maybe you hear diference because the first syllable of word "dónde" has a strong sound. – alvalongo Sep 10 '19 at 22:00
    @alvalongo The sound /d/ does have several possible realizations, which are predictable from context. – pablodf76 Sep 11 '19 at 1:04

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.