I believe that "imperative" is the tense of the phrase. It's copy for a button inviting a user to "take action now".

I came up with:

Debe Actuar Ahora

Ahora mismo is more affirmative than ahora.

If you are in Mexico, don't use "ahorita" because that would have the opposite effect. :)

• I haven't heard 'ahorita' before. Does it refer to a "little now", like within a small moment? I'd love to see some more about how it would have the opposite effect in Mexico. How so? – MikeiLL Jan 15 '19 at 21:37
    You would think it would mean sooner, but for some reason in Mexico, it's the opposite. It means "in a little bit, not just right now. Please wait a little." – Karlomanio Jan 15 '19 at 21:39

The sentence "Debe actuar ahora" (You must/have to act now) is in the present indicative, not in the imperative mood.

This would be the imperative mood: "Actúe ahora."

However, the effect of "Debe actuar ahora" is imperative. It sounds a bit less forceful than the imperative mood.

Instead of "ahora" or "ahora mismo", "ya" or "ya mismo" can also be used, which might sound slightly more urgent.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.