Jesus said to his disciples:

Come apart and rest.

How would I then say this?

Yes, I took the day off and now I am well-rested.

Could it be "Estoy bien descansado"?

Could you clarify? The title asks a question but the text of the question seems to have been cut off.
    – pablodf76
    Dec 20, 2018 at 13:02
  • Please, visit tour, help center and especially How to Ask to know more about the site and how to ask a good question. Help us to help you by asking in a way we can understand what to need to know. Also, we don't just offer translation services. We try to explain and teach so we like to see that people do some research or show some effort instead of demanding a translation. Thanks and welcome to the site.
    – Diego
    Dec 20, 2018 at 17:52
  • Reopening, although I think there's little here than just a plain translation that can be accomplished with a dictionary: (to rest - descansar](wordreference.com/es/translation.asp?tranword=rest)
    – Diego
    Dec 21, 2018 at 16:13
  • I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because asking for translations without presenting alternatives nor showing your work is considered off-topic here.
    – DGaleano
    Dec 21, 2018 at 18:52
  • Could it be "Estoy bien descansado."? Dec 22, 2018 at 12:29

3 Answers 3

In Spain I should say "he descansado bien" (I am well-rested).

Descansar is usually used as verb. I think I can count with the fingers of my hand the times I see it as adjective.

The most common way is to say "Ya descansé", but also you can say "Estoy descansado" or "Estoy bien descansado" (like well rested)

Why? Please, aswers should Explain. If you haven't done so visit help center, tour and How to Answer. Thanks.
    – Diego
    Dec 24, 2018 at 15:42
  • The use of "Ya descansé" sounds like a latinamerican thing, in Spain i don't think you'll hear this as often as you seem to believe (Source: living in Spain).
    – Brian H.
    Dec 26, 2018 at 10:20

A good translation to "Yes, I took the day off and now I am well-rested." is this:

Si, me tomé el día libre y ahora estoy (bien) repuesto/recuperado

where recuperado means recovered which works the same as rested

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.