En la cancion "X" de Nicky Jam etc escuché la frase:

Estamos claro y ya.

Yo sé qué significa "Estamos claro", ¿pero qué significa "y ya" al final de la oración?

Really? And what does it mean? Because "Estamos claro" doesn't make sense to me.
    – FGSUZ
    Aug 9, 2018 at 13:53
  • @FGSUZ it's reggaeton, those dude don't even know how to properly talk spanish.
    – Mike
    Aug 9, 2018 at 14:39
  • Ookay, now it makes more sense, but I still can't figure out what they mean haha.
    – FGSUZ
    Aug 9, 2018 at 17:44
    @Mike To be fair, language is used differently be different people, and right and wrong are much a matter of perspective. Their spanish may be grammatically incorrect, but perhaps "slang-attically" correct? I try to keep an open mind about language and learn all the different ways it is used. I hope we all can respect that. Also, thanks for your answer :)
    – jrharshath
    Aug 10, 2018 at 6:00
  • is not about slangs, but about uses. different people has different accents and use of spanish, but the one used in reggaeton is often broken. this happens in the attempt to create rimes and verses and a tight timing during the performance. sometimes because is badly translated english, either way, reggaeton spanish cannot be considered vulgar spanish as it is straight away "broken" spanish born from the puerto rican influence of how english grammar is creating an almost a whole new language
    – Mike
    Aug 10, 2018 at 13:02

1 Answer 1

"y ya" in English means "and that's it" y ya

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.