How do I say "Water the flowers" as an informal singular positive command (tu form)?

Google Translate just gives me the noun for water ("agua las flores). I plan to google "to water" next and then use the tu form. I forget how to do positive tu form commands, as it's been so long since High School.

  • 1
    Welcome to the site. Indeed, robots don't translate well, because they don't understand that you mean water the verb ("regar") and not the noun ("agua"). You can check the conjugations of a verb in the DRAE online dictionary. So basically, this is a question that can be answered with a dictionary (or is not about imperative, but about other possible translations of "water"). Please, visit tour, help center and How to Ask. Thanks and welcome again. The better your question, the better we can help you.
    – Diego
    Jul 9, 2018 at 17:36

1 Answer 1


As Diego says in his comment. The word "water" here is used as verb, hence the translation is "regar".
The common way to translate "water the flowers" would be "riega las flores".

  • 1
    Could you give OP a resource they could use in future to look up this sort of thing? That would strengthen your answer. Jul 9, 2018 at 22:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.