Is there a Spanish word for school board? If so, what would the translation be?

  • Could you indicate please if you need the translation for a specific country? It can vary according to each Law on Education.
    – JoulSauron
    Jun 12 '12 at 18:34
  • Moreover, I think it's a better idea to ask the translations in different questions.
    – JoulSauron
    Jun 12 '12 at 18:35
  • The translation I want is for Spanish being read in the United States.
    – Elizabeth
    Jun 12 '12 at 18:51

"Consejo escolar", "junta escolar" or "comité escolar" would be the most neutral for any Spanish speaker, anybody would understand the same.

As for US, the translation they use in the Los Angeles High School is "consejo escolar".

  • 1
    I like your answer. All the three terms you provide are perfectly inteligible everywhere, whatever you are used to in your country.
    – Albertus
    Jun 13 '12 at 9:44

It's "consejo escolar" in Spain.


I believe an alternative translation could be: "junta escolar"


I think this probably varies regionally, but here in Argentina a school board would be a "junta coordinadora", generally called simply "coordinadora".

"Junta" translates as "board"; the chairman of a "junta" is usually called "secretario". Not sure about schools, though.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.