I have a copy of a birth certificate from 1849. There is one name in the certificate that I can't transcribe to any known Spanish name (anything that comes to mind). The document isn't in great condition and the script is hard to read unfortunately.

The picture with the name in question is below. I believe it says "Don X" where X is of the form "...t...io". In other words, the name ends in "io"and it includes a t.

enter image description here

Full page view of the birth certificate in case it helps understand this old Spanish calligraphy.

enter image description here

Unfortunately this is out of the scope of this site. I'm not if there is a stack exchange where it would be, though. (Potentially a question could be asked dealing with letras cortesanas since they were exclusive to Spanish but even then it'd need to be something specific to the writing) – user0721090601 Jan 14 '18 at 18:45
    This absolutely off-topic. Perhaps if you post as an answer what you have so far and highlight what you don't understand your question won't be closed too fast. – DGaleano Jan 14 '18 at 18:45
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is not an actual question, but a task regarding a translation / transcription of a text. – walen Jan 15 '18 at 8:32
    @walen I was not going to answer. I just let OP know that this requires some effort. – Gustavson Jan 15 '18 at 10:34
    Anyways, as I just said in a more recent question, it turns out the tag identificación-de-término was explicitly created for this kind of questions in 2017 by then-mod @Diego, so I guess it is on-topic after all. As such, I am voting to reopen. – walen Nov 6 at 14:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.