This question already has an answer here:

I'm confused on whether I say:

Pepe es una persona buena

or

Pepe es una persona bueno.

(Pepe is a man, so I find the male/female agreement thing confusing when using persona)

marked as duplicate by fedorqui Oct 28 '17 at 22:05

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

• Related: spanish.stackexchange.com/q/10385/12637 – Charlie Oct 28 '17 at 10:37
  • Also note that plurals and verbs also agree with the noun even if the concept is plural and the noun singular/ La gente es enojada. The people are angry. – user5389726598465 Oct 29 '17 at 3:51
  • The most common way of saying this in Mexico at least would be "Pepe es [muy] buena gente." – aparente001 Oct 30 '17 at 4:36

Regardless of the sex of the person you are referring to, the adjective must always agree with the noun it modifies. So if "bueno" modifies "persona", and "persona" is a feminine word, the adjective must be also feminine.

Note that it is a common mistake (even for Spanish speakers) to mistake the "gender" of the words with the "sex" of the people. You can use feminine words to refer to male people (and vice versa), as in "Juan es una persona". You use "persona" (feminine) for a male person (Juan).

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.