I cannot find a translation for pachongón. I have conducted a web search, the extent of my resources on a Sunday night, and haven't had any luck.

The contextual sentence is from a recent issue of People en Español.

Tú podrás ser parte del pachangón de “Los 100 más bellos."

  • 3
    The closest I can find is pachangón, meaning pachanga, fiesta. Based on the context, could this be the word you are looking for? Remember, if you add a context to the question you will get better answers.
    – Charlie
    Commented May 22, 2017 at 6:21
  • 3
    Can you provide more context? Maybe a sentence using that word? Commented May 22, 2017 at 8:33
  • Based on the contextual sentence I've added, I'm thinking the meaning is closest to "fiesta." It was obvious to me what they were trying to say, but I needed confirmation.
    – Blamettu
    Commented May 25, 2017 at 0:00

2 Answers 2


A Google search for the word turns out just two results:

  • Yo estoy ya lista fresquita y bien arregladita lista para el pachongón, where it is used in the sense pointed to by CarlosAlejo's comment: a degradation of pachangón as superlative of pachanga. Actually, the term pachangón is correctly used later in that text to talk about the same event.
  • A cual más gordito, mas tranquilo y mas "croquetoso" que ya con oir mi voz me hacen la rosca en la cuna ..... sin duda han salido al pachongón del padre, where it seems to be used as superlative of pachón.

Anyways, it doesn't seem to be an extended word, nor one recognized by any dictionary.

If you need a translation, based on context you could use "big party" for the first scenario. The second scenario is trickier; you could maybe use "dull", "plump"...

  • For big party, one could say blow-out. Commented May 23, 2017 at 2:02

In this case it means just 'party'.

Like: you can be part of the party

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.