Is "anglo" an acceptable substitute for "anglo-parlante" in Caribbean Spanish (specifically Dominican Republic)?

The DRAE accepts "anglo" as an equivalent of "perteneciente a la lengua anglosajona" – Diego Mar 11 '17 at 17:00
  • @Diego - Thanks. I suppose there are two ways of understanding anglo -- the race of the person or the language the person speaks. What I need help with is, if I just write "anglo" by itself, will it be understandable that I might be talking about the person's language(s), not necessarily the person's race or general culture? – aparente001 Mar 11 '17 at 17:28
  • I don't know, I would say that there is some ambiguity (that's why I posted as comment and not as an answer). I don't know if that ambiguity means that the answer for your question is a "no"... I would wait for a couple days more. I'm sure some else will be able to give some further insight about this matter. – Diego Mar 12 '17 at 1:12

I speak South American Spanish as my first language, and I would clearly understand you are talking about someone from an English speaking country. I can't tell if this a correct form.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.