What are the standard responses to ¿Cómo estás??

The only ones I know of are:

Bien.

and

Muy bien.

Which both are for when you are well, how do you say ok? or not so good?

This question can be hard to answer because there may be a very long list. Without thinking too much about it: mal, muy mal, regular, genial, tirando, mejor, bastante bien, fatal... depending in how you feel and the situation. – Javi Mar 14 '12 at 16:35
    Así así will work. – American Luke Mar 14 '12 at 18:41
    Indeed, too many answer and very region dependant – César Mar 14 '12 at 20:07
    Welcome to Spanish.SE! We're glad you're here! However, this sounds to me like a general translation question. What are both (bien and muy bien) for? is asking for a Spanish to English translation. How do you say ok? or not so good? is asking for an English to Spanish translation. I am closing the question, until it can be cleaned up or modified to be asking for more than a simple translation, which any dictionary, or google translate can provide, and is off-topic per the FAQ. – Flimzy Mar 14 '12 at 22:16

The exact same way you respond to "How are you?" in English: With an answer for how you are doing. Some examples:

• Bien.
  • Muy bien.
  • Muy mal.
  • Más o menos.
  • Estoy cansado.
  • Tengo hambre.
  • No sé.
  • Estoy enfermo.
  • Estoy sano como un roble.
  • Estoy feliz como un niño en una tienda de dulces.

... You get the idea.

| improve this answer | |
    Another one: Será decirte que regular para no preocuparte. – Icarus Mar 14 '12 at 21:15
    Do note that @Icarus example is sarcastic. You may use it with a close friend, but in casual conversation it won't convey the meaning you might want. – palopezv Sep 25 '12 at 17:02
    Or: ¡Pues anda que tú! – user12422 May 22 '16 at 17:04

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.