The online automated translators tend to use campo (ie. a field, like a soccer field) for this, but I'm not sure if this appropriate.

What is the proper translation here to refer to a field on a computer form?

3 Answers 3


Campo translates seamlessly to all what field means in English: a form gap, some sport pitch, a rural zone.

  • 4
    Even a field of knowledge: un campo de conocimiento.
    – CesarGon
    Commented Mar 14, 2012 at 12:37

Campo is OK. You could also use "casillero" or "casilla" in this context.

  • +1. Just note that casillero/casilla tend to mean checkbox rather than a field in general.
    – deprecated
    Commented Mar 16, 2012 at 3:38

In Puerto Rico (Castilian-Spanish) the slang "campo" is commonly used, but I use "encasillado", which people here equate to a box.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.