I've looked it up and haven't really found a good answer (either nothing or I guess it stays "mixtape" with Spanish pronunciation?

I have to write journal entries in Spanish and I'm not sure about this word.

1 Answer 1


I am not used to the term, but after a little research I think we just say 'mixtape' in English (well, with the English pronunciation we Spaniards have :-D ).

I'm pretty sure you can use the original English term without any problem, since the Spanish version of wikipedia and several Spanish journals and media do:

El Pais


El Mundo

Be aware they use the femenine for mixtape in Spanish.

Disclaimer: I'm from Spain and have searched in Spanish media, maybe in South America they do have a specific term.

  • No es un campo que me ataña, por lo que no sé cómo es de usual el término entre los aficionados, pero «cinta de mezclas» parece no tener mala acogida según Google.
    – guillem
    Commented Aug 16, 2016 at 10:07
  • 1
    @guillem de hecho, en la película de Guardianes de la Galaxia, a la cinta "Awesome mix" del protagonista la subtitulan como "mezcla alucinante".
    – Charlie
    Commented Aug 16, 2016 at 10:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.