I'm not trusting Google Translate on this one.

The initial context is:

Y para esto que nos viene sucediendo

What does this mean, and what are additional examples of its usage?

• Be glad the moderators are on vacation. Remember the forum does not appreciate asking for translations without any prior research. Too many questions like this had been closed as off-topic.
    – DGaleano
    Jul 19 '16 at 13:43

Do never, never trust Google Translate. Never.

Nos viene sucediendo means it's been happening to us. The implicit meaning of this is that is something that is currently happening and has been happening since some time ago.

No es un buen momento para ti y para esto que nos viene sucediendo.

This would translate as:

It is not a good time for you and for this that has been happening to us.

What this would mean is that the current time is not good for him nor for that thing that is happening to them. "That thing" would be a crush, or a relation that's currently happening or something like that.

PS: I see you really like Julieta Venegas ;)

Haha, yes, I'm infatuated with this song (Eres para mi). I'm Level A1 in Spanish, and I'm attempting to improve my vocab, pronunciation, and understanding by learning songs in Spanish. I won't stop until I can sing this from beginning to end! Thanks for yet another wonderful answer! BTW, OMG Google was terribly wrong on the translation! Jul 19 '16 at 2:14
    @RockAnthonyJohnson Never, ever, ever look for lyrics regarding reggaeton. You'll decrease your learning.
    – Alejandro
    Jul 19 '16 at 2:23
  • If you want to learn a beautiful song in Spanish, I'd suggest Joan Manuel Serrat's Mediterráneo (letra). It is considered one of the most beatiful songs written in Spanish.
    – Charlie
    Jul 19 '16 at 7:24
  • @CarlosAlejo By whom? I think you are loosing the point here by adding personal likes. Jul 19 '16 at 12:02
    @DGaleano Also it's been happening to us could be nos ha estado pasando with the present perfect continuous tense. However it's a bit wordy and I (personally) prefer to use it as nos viene sucediendo as implied before, just because it's widely and idiomatically used.
    – Alejandro
    Jul 19 '16 at 15:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.