Whats the meaning of these Mexican expresions?

te me vas !!!

nadie me va a agarrar de su puerquito !

I heared it in a spanish telenovela but i did not understand what they mean.

• Welcome to this site Moe. Please, take the tour (and probably a look to the help section). This site is a little bit different to other forums. To succeed as a learning resource we must encourage that people attempt to translate their sentences, and we help correcting (we don't want to be just a translating service). Also, in order for other user's to benefit of the knowledge of your question, multiple questions should be posted as such (separated). Thanks and welcome again.
    – Diego
    Dec 28, 2015 at 21:34
  • Welcome to Spanish.SE! These are good questions, but we need to limit ourselves to one question per post, so this should be two separate posts. Also, we want you to do some research, and ask when you get stuck. What is your best guess on the meaning of these phrases? What, specifically, confuses you about them?
    – Flimzy
    Jan 4, 2016 at 9:34

1 Answer 1

I'm not mexican but I can help.

te me vas it's also a way to say lárgate or vete. Those are leave, get out, etc.
As for the second one, that's also a way for saying nadie me va a tratar como una mascota, and that can mean nobody's gonna make me his/her pet — nobody's gonna treat me like a pet.

• I'd never heard someone say te me vas before (I always hear/use te vas de), but I'm going to use it as an example now in my classes of the oddity of object pronoun order since a Google search shows it relatively common. While you'd say tú te me vas for "you leave me", to say "I leave you" is yo te me voy (the te me must always go in that order, regardless their function). Dec 28, 2015 at 17:22
  • @guifa Yes, te me vas is widely used.
    – Schwale
    Dec 28, 2015 at 17:26
    @guifa no solo "te me vas" es un imperativo ampliamente usado en latinoamérica sino que "te vas de mi" es la primera vez que la veo en el contexto de "vete/lárgate". "Te vas de mi" suena a una canción o poema en donde el significado es "me dejas / me abandonas" que es completamente diferente al significado del imperativo.
    – DGaleano
    Dec 28, 2015 at 20:12

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.