In English if someone complements you or expresses their gratitude for something you've done, you can respond with something like, "Thank you for your kind words."

What Spanish phrase would best translate that sense of "kind words"?

  • 3
    This translation is easily found in a dictionary that provides phrases. Check this page from the site Wordreference.com... Sorry, I'm voting to close (no hard feelings... :) eheh).
    – Alenanno
    Commented Jan 18, 2012 at 12:26

1 Answer 1


I would transate it to amables palabras:

Gracias por tus amables palabras.

  • Is it normally amables palabras or palabras amables (as Alenanno's link above says)?
    – jrdioko
    Commented Jan 18, 2012 at 17:02
  • 1
    Both of them are used: books.google.com/ngrams/… , but amables palabras emphasizes more the word amable.
    – dusan
    Commented Jan 18, 2012 at 17:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.