How would you translate PEOPLE - PLACE - TIME in Spanish but in a business context?

I know that PEOPLE = GENTE, PLACE = LUGAR/ESPACIO, TIME = TIEMPO. However, I want synonyms for this in a business context to write it in a business document for Latin American people. I am looking for something catchy and impacting.

If you could use them in a sentence in English to give more context or an example of usage it would help to get better answers. – Diego Sep 2 '15 at 13:36
  • They won't be used in sentence or paragraph nor context. It's a slogan! COMPANY NAME second line PEOPLE - PLACE - TIME. I was thinking on PERSONAS/GENTE - LUGAR - TIEMPO. – Maximus Decimus Sep 2 '15 at 13:56
    Usually, slogans are a synthetic construct of broad but significant concepts. Which are those concepts behind the slogan you would like to translate? – Rubén Sep 2 '15 at 21:40

I would favor asistentes or even audiencia over "gente" for people. Without more context is difficult to give you a better word, since it's impossible to know for sure what you really want to convey. If you are going to use it as a slogan personas should convey more than gente that you are trying to create meaningful links with people.

For place I would rather use lugar, which sound pretty generic and neutral rather than espacio. You could say that barely anything is a lugar but you won't describe everything as a espacio. A room in a building or even some place outdoors can be considered lugar, but I would be less prone describe them as espacios.

For time don't use tiempo. Could be the most accurate translation, but you would be better off using "fecha/hora". I understand that this is more like "date", but if you want to tell people when something is going to happen don't use tiempo. Use duración if you are referring to the length in time of the event and "fecha/horafor the date-time.Tiempo` used just like that, does not recall "when something is going to happen".

• I'm not very sure about audiencia. It's like a slogan something that tend to be used as a moto for the company! This words are not in a specific context or paragraph. There are isolated to represent in general terms PERSONAS - LUGAR - TIEMPO. But I'm looking for something impacting! Or as I did, it's ok for you? GENTE / PERSONAS not sure – Maximus Decimus Sep 2 '15 at 13:51
  • If you are using it as a slogan, "personas" is better than "gente", and I would leave then "tiempo" as it is, but that does not mean that is necessarily evocative for me. – Diego Sep 2 '15 at 14:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.