I can't find English explanation of this Spanish word, so please if you can help me? Its about electronics. Thank you very much!

  • Maybe it refers to "solapar" --> lema.rae.es/drae/?val=solapar Try to provide more context. – fedorqui 'SO stop harming' Jun 25 '15 at 9:04
  • 1
    Try with overlapping. – Rodrigo Jun 25 '15 at 12:10
  • What research have you done? Have you consulted a dictionary? If so, please indicate this in your question, and explain why you're having trouble finding the definition. – Flimzy Jun 25 '15 at 23:45
  • I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is a general reference question. – Flimzy Jun 25 '15 at 23:45

It means it overlaps (solapar = overlap). A website for example, may have overlap menus (Un menú solapable, o que se solapa), and some roofs use an overlap technique (El techo está formado por tejas solapadas).


Something "solapable" is something you can place over another thing and easily remove it, it's not very used and quite hard to explain, could you provide an example please?