I can't find English explanation of this Spanish word, so please if you can help me? Its about electronics. Thank you very much!

  • Maybe it refers to "solapar" --> lema.rae.es/drae/?val=solapar Try to provide more context.
    – fedorqui
    Commented Jun 25, 2015 at 9:04
  • 1
    Try with overlapping.
    – Rodrigo
    Commented Jun 25, 2015 at 12:10
  • What research have you done? Have you consulted a dictionary? If so, please indicate this in your question, and explain why you're having trouble finding the definition.
    – Flimzy
    Commented Jun 25, 2015 at 23:45
  • I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is a general reference question.
    – Flimzy
    Commented Jun 25, 2015 at 23:45

2 Answers 2


It means it overlaps (solapar = overlap). A website for example, may have overlap menus (Un menú solapable, o que se solapa), and some roofs use an overlap technique (El techo está formado por tejas solapadas).


Something "solapable" is something you can place over another thing and easily remove it, it's not very used and quite hard to explain, could you provide an example please?