I know that there are many form of se in Español but can somebody give me the summary of that?

• A similar question: spanish.stackexchange.com/questions/10602/…
    – Rodrigo
    Jan 7, 2015 at 18:37
  • A useful resource: usos del se en español. "Se" and "que" may be the two most complicated particles in the Spanish language. I think that a proper (exhaustive) answer may exceed the format of this site. If it is just a summary what you want, each section in that article should be enough to guide further research.
    – Diego
    Jan 7, 2015 at 19:42

1 Answer 1

Un breve resumen de los usos de la partícula se cortesía de esta web.

1- Se sustituto de le/les. Función: Complemento Indirecto

Le di el libro / Se lo di.

2- Se reflexivo: Función: Complemento Directo/Indirecto

La niña se peina (a sí misma)

3- Se dativo o intensificador del verbo.

Comió tres platos. / Se comió tres platos.

4- Se recíproco

Las niñas se peinan (la una a la otra)

5- Indicador de voz media

No se asuste usted.

6- Se pronominal.

Se arrepintió de lo que había hecho

7- Se impersonal.

En este restaurante se come muy bien

8- Se pasivo reflejo

Se venden pisos.

• Nobody marked this question as "too broad" or as "too long for the Q&A format", but no one was answering it either, so I copied some content from a really useful web and posted the answer as community wiki. This way, whoever feels that answer could/should be expanded to include a better explanation is free to do it. Is also up to the community to judge up to which level we want to expand that answer (expanding it would for sure create value for this site but the mission of this site is not to replace or become a text book, so we may need to balance those). Regards.
    – Diego
    Jan 9, 2015 at 21:19

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.