In English, "peripheral" or "peripheral device" refers to most devices that can be connected to a computer: keyboards, mice, digital cameras, external hard drives, webcams, etc.

Is there an equivalent word in Spanish?

2 Answers 2


It's "periférico". It can be used both as a noun ("Un teclado es un periférico") and as an adjective ("Un teclado es un dispositivo periférico").

More information in wordreference.com.


I think two good alternatives are periférico used in Spain and dispositivo used in Latin America.

  • Periférico is also used in Latin America.
    – Petruza
    Dec 31, 2011 at 1:51
  • Mexican here, negativo en dispositivo; Les llamamos periféricos. Jan 3, 2012 at 20:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.