Tag Info

New answers tagged


This linguistic process is called assibilation, and the sound you're referring to is called voiced retroflex sibilant, phonetically transcribed as [ʐ]. As you mentioned, it might sound similar to [ʒ] (the s in measure), however, be sure not to confuse them. Take for instance lluvia [ʒuβ̞ja], rubia [ʐuβ̞ja] sello [seʒo], cerro [seʐo] llama [ʒama], rama ...

Top 50 recent answers are included