Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In English one might say "I have fallen for you". Could this be said in Spanish with caer, e.g. "tu me has caido muy bien"?

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

No, although the meaning of the sentence you have isn't terribly far off from what you want to say, either, so you would probably not get a correction.

When you say that someone te cae bien, you're saying that you find them affable, a good person, etc. If they te cae mal, that means you find them to not be very good natured. (in general, caer bien is a much better translation of the English like in the sense of I like [someone], as gustar has connotations of non-platonic interest when used with people)

To fall for someone, in the sense of crushing on someone or being head-over-heels in love with them, the most common way is to use enamorarse: Me he enamorado de ti, often with an intensifier like perdidamente or more colloquially (in Spain, at least) hasta las trancas or hasta los huesos.

share|improve this answer
Thank you. I wanted to know whether that was a a platonic phrase or not. And by the way it's "having a crush on someone", not "crushing on someone". And "heels" not "heals". Thanks. – bertrand Aug 25 '14 at 19:21
You're corret about heals, but crush works either way. In my dialect (SAE), we use it quite often. – guifa Aug 25 '14 at 20:08
What is SAE, is that a dialect? – Aradnix Sep 2 '14 at 19:13
@aradnix Indeed. SAE is Southern American English. – guifa Sep 2 '14 at 20:17

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.