In English one might say "I have fallen for you". Could this be said in Spanish with caer, e.g. "tu me has caido muy bien"?

1 Answer 1

No, although the meaning of the sentence you have isn't terribly far off from what you want to say, either, so you would probably not get a correction.

When you say that someone te cae bien, you're saying that you find them affable, a good person, etc. If they te cae mal, that means you find them to not be very good natured. (in general, caer bien is a much better translation of the English like in the sense of I like [someone], as gustar has connotations of non-platonic interest when used with people)

To fall for someone, in the sense of crushing on someone or being head-over-heels in love with them, the most common way is to use enamorarse: Me he enamorado de ti, often with an intensifier like perdidamente or more colloquially (in Spain, at least) hasta las trancas or hasta los huesos.

Thank you. I wanted to know whether that was a a platonic phrase or not. And by the way it's "having a crush on someone", not "crushing on someone". And "heels" not "heals". Thanks.
    – bertrand
    Aug 25, 2014 at 19:21
  • You're corret about heals, but crush works either way. In my dialect (SAE), we use it quite often. Aug 25, 2014 at 20:08
  • What is SAE, is that a dialect?
    – Aradnix
    Sep 2, 2014 at 19:13
    @aradnix Indeed. SAE is Southern American English. Sep 2, 2014 at 20:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.