Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm working on improving my Spanish and also spend too many hours per week gaming. Are there any multiplayer games, preferably microphone heavy and cheap or free to play where I might find large numbers of native Spanish speakers to communicate with and practice conversational Spanish skills and thus make that dead time spent gaming slightly less unproductive. Are there any games that have particularly accurate or realistic Spanish language dialog which could be used to get a better sense of natural speaking? Are there any game studios that develop primarily for Spanish-speaking audiences? I don't know enough Spanish to know how to search for these things effectively, what sort of terms should I be using?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Flimzy Aug 14 at 20:38

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I don't want to be rude but this site is about Spanish Language, not video games. You can ask in gaming.stackexchange.com –  Neo Aug 10 at 2:39

Thanks for the suggestion but it was designated as being off topic when I did post it there. I hope my question indicates some interest in the Spanish language and how one can identify accurate translations as opposed to mere neutral re-dubbing. This article describes the difference well: alsintl.com/blog/video-games-in-spanish In short, my issue is not that I cannot find video games to play but that when I search merely "videojuegos" I find mostly poor spanish redubs of US titles, are there terms to describe homegrown games or do those games not really exist? –  pavja2 Aug 10 at 16:18

1 Answer 1

What I suggest you to do is to find games that rely in teamwork and allows the players to speak each other (Team Fortress, Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, ...) then find a server where players only speak Spanish. Here is a Spanish guy who plays Minecraft, but the Spanish most players speak is very basic and with local terminology. I recommend you to read books with a dictionary at your side, that's how I learned English.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.