Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I would like to know the words for cars, trucks, vans, pickups, and SUVs in regular Mexican usage. I know car is carro, but is that what a typical Mexican is most likely to use too?

share|improve this question

closed as too broad by Flimzy Aug 7 at 8:25

There are either too many possible answers, or good answers would be too long for this format. Please add details to narrow the answer set or to isolate an issue that can be answered in a few paragraphs.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This question, as worded, is very broad. It could also likely be answered with any Spanish/English dictionary. Can we get you to narrow the question significantly? If you have a specific doubt about how to translate a specific word or phrase, after consulting standard reference materials, that would be the proper question to ask. –  Flimzy Aug 7 at 8:25

What am trying to understand is context, if I made the question less broad I risk loosing that context. If I got a response then I could narrow down the question and make it more specific. –  David Sopko Aug 8 at 17:37

Precisamente por eso es una pregunta que vale la pena, hay tantas posibles respuestas que sería de gran ayuda para todos. Los diccionarios no dicen ciertas palabras y donde se usan o no. –  Jaime Cruz Triana Aug 11 at 18:49

Thank you for discouraging the use of stack exchange. I've been a member and user for quite some time. I understand the parameters quite well. I'm sure you intentions are good but my opinion is your are not being helpful. –  David Sopko Aug 12 at 19:54

@DavidSopko: Then you understand why open-ended questions like this don't work well in this Q&A format. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of words which can be used to describe different types of vehicles, and in different contexts (formal, slang, etc). Even specifying "every day speech" is not specific enough, as there are still dozens of types of vehicles. To make this question sufficiently narrow, it must focus on a specific word or concept. –  Flimzy Aug 14 at 20:37