Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I know that they both refer to noodles, but would they be different kinds of noodles? For instance, one might be long and thin, while the other might be flat and wide?

share|improve this question

deperu.com/abc/diferencias-significado/4007/…, De todas formas te digo como lo diferenciamos en Cuba, los fideos son los que usan para la sopa, por lo general son mas delgado que los espaguetis, y los tallarines son como los espaguites pero aplastados –  Emilio Gort Jun 27 at 0:19

2 Answers 2

Esto me imagino que sea distinto depende de la región, te explico en Cuba como se conocen.

Los fideos son los que usamos para la sopa, son mucho más delgado que los espaguetis.

enter image description here

Los tallarines son de forma aplastada

Y los espaguetis

Por lo menos así es en Cuba como se conocen.

share|improve this answer
Efectivamente lo mismo en España. –  guifa Jun 27 at 2:13
Sin embargo en Argentina llaman fideo a prácticamente cualquier tipo de pasta. –  deStrangis Jun 27 at 9:44

In Spain, at least in my region, Andalucía, it's quite different.

"Tallarines" is a type of pasta long and flat, but we referred that only in the asiatic case. In other cases, we used the italian word "tagliatelle".

For "Fideos" we understand the kind of pasta you use in a soup. Usually they are tiny and short:

http://www.cubadebate.cu/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Fideos-AA.jpg

For the long and thing kind we use "Espaguetis".

The answer to your question will depend on the region you want to go.

share|improve this answer

curioso el sitio de la foto es de Cuba –  Emilio Gort Jun 27 at 19:32
¡Es verdad! Jajaja –  MaríaCC Jun 28 at 10:48

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.