Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to find a Spanish book that I can read to help practice my grammar and vocabulary.

I've only done about a year of evening classes for adults, but I can read sites like BBC Mundo and have a vague idea of what is happening.

I've tried to read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in Spanish, it was slightly too difficult to follow in Spanish. A colleague suggested I try some original Spanish work as the language might be easier than an English novel translated.

Any suggestions?

share|improve this question

closed as not constructive by Flimzy, Joze, Randolf R-F, Alenanno, jrdioko Nov 25 '11 at 5:53

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Welcome to Spanish.SE! This is a good question, however, I don't think it fits well with the Q&A format of this site according to the FAQ, as it will solicit long lists of answers, and it will be impossible to have a single "correct" answer. –  Flimzy Nov 24 '11 at 20:10

I'm sorry but this sounds like a list question that is not reallz permitted in the SE network. Please try to make a specific question about a subject. Since this question may be subjective and prone to multiple list-like answers I'm voting to close. (Btw I suggest El pequeño príncipe from Charles Exupéry) –  Joze Nov 24 '11 at 20:11

Maybe you should try an abridge version of a book instead of the original one. They are easier because they have been specially written for people who are learning. –  Juanillo Nov 24 '11 at 20:16
I concur with Joze on 'El principito' being a great book for an introduction to the language. –  Omar Salinas Nov 24 '11 at 21:35

show 3 more comments

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.