Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

"Conseguido cambiar la información de usuario" correct translation for "succesfully changed users information"?

share|improve this question

3 Answers 3

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Grammatically yes, but I would say something like «Información de usuario cambiada correctamente» or «Cambiados con éxito los datos del usuario»

share|improve this answer

Thanks, I do have problems finding the best ways of translating these kind of messages. –  user44579 May 15 at 11:27
But "Users" is plural, the correct traduction would be : "Información de los usuarios cambiada con éxito" –  Jimmy May 15 at 15:36

@Jimmy: I'm not sure. The original English sentence is incorrect. It should be either "Successfully changed user's information" or "Successfully changed users' information." As it's written, it's incorrect and ambiguous whether it's a single user or multiple users. A third, less likely possibility, is that it's correct, and means "the information about users," but given the original Spanish attempt, I think that's pretty unlikely. :) –  Flimzy May 15 at 18:45

I would use "La información del usuario ha sido actualizada"

Some better translations would be:

"Se ha podido cambiar la información de usuario"

"Se ha cambiado la información de usuario"

I work as a computer technician in South America but, I am from the US.

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.