Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

tiene dificultades con traducción, pero no soy una inglaterra y por eso la frase en inglés puede ser mal también:

I was pushed into getting past simple pleasures of life in order to catch up with the standards of maturity.

Lo que tiene es:

Me puso a pasar por delante les placeres sencillos de mi vida para ponerme al corriente de madurez.

Gracias por ayudarme.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Flimzy Jun 6 at 17:42

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service." – Flimzy
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

add comment

1 Answer 1

up vote 0 down vote accepted

Spanish and English are both my first languages. After some thought, this is the most accurate translation I could think of: Me vi obligado a dejar atrás los simples placeres de la vida con la finalidad de alcanzar las normas de la madurez. Hope that works for you!

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.